Harbinger
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Exclusive Portal for Gamers

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Season of the Witch

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Shoop83

Shoop83

Season of the Witch Empty
PostSubject: Season of the Witch   Season of the Witch EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 6:25 pm

I enjoyed the heck out of this movie. Don't be fooled by teh fools at RottenTomatoes giving it <5%. I'm pretty sure they were paid to trash it.

"'Season' makes 'The Last Airbender' look like 'Avatar'." ~ Some Asshat.

Really? Is that even possible within the realm of modern physics?

While there were a few lines in the movie that were out of place, not something they probably would have said during the era the movie is set, largely the dialog was solid and at times amusing.

Ron Perlman delivers a solid performance (when doesn't he?)

Nicholas Cage, often mocked for having no depth to his acting, does a good job of portraying a jaded crusader who fights for god, but no longer fights for the church.

Anywho, the story is a solid one. During the movie there are some points where the audience might question a character's actions. By the end, everything is explained and it all makes sense. There's no deus ex machina here, folks!

The CG was very well done when it was used at all. The costuming was excellent.

And it is one of the very few movies I have ever seen where members of the clergy actually have holy power capable of fighting the forces of evil! Which is awesome.

I give The Season of the Witch a 7.5 of 10.
Back to top Go down
GodEmperorofHumanity

GodEmperorofHumanity

Season of the Witch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season of the Witch   Season of the Witch EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 3:20 am

At a 7.5 I doubt I will see it in theaters, but I do look forward to seeing it when it comes out on DVD/Blu-ray.
Back to top Go down

Season of the Witch
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Harbinger :: Digital Realm :: Movies/Videos-
Jump to: