Harbinger
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Exclusive Portal for Gamers

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Warhammer (fantasy)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Z-Job

Z-Job

Warhammer (fantasy) Empty
PostSubject: Warhammer (fantasy)   Warhammer (fantasy) EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 10:45 pm

Ordered the Skaven book this weekend and shall work on getting them ready to snuff out the Topsiders. Also, going to start getting an inventory on what I actually own in case anyone is interested in purchasing/trading.
Back to top Go down
Z-Job

Z-Job

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer (fantasy)   Warhammer (fantasy) EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 12:48 pm

BTW, you guys are Asses. I put down the Warhammer a decade ago and haven't missed it, now i've spent all morning reading up on Skaven and have scoured E-Bay checking prices on what I may need to buy.
Back to top Go down
Shoop83

Shoop83

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer (fantasy)   Warhammer (fantasy) EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 1:58 pm

Muah hah hah!!! Come back to the fold.

Also, try www.thewarstore.com for your stuffs. Games-Workshop is bastards and doesn't allow anyone to use a shopping cart to sell their wares, but call them up and they're really good about filling your orders.
Back to top Go down
Z-Job

Z-Job

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer (fantasy)   Warhammer (fantasy) EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 2:15 pm

Also, what software does everyone use for army building?
Back to top Go down
Shoop83

Shoop83

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer (fantasy)   Warhammer (fantasy) EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 6:05 pm

Army Builder from Wolf Lair is pretty awesome, but not free. The big downside to this software is that the army content is kept up to date by volunteers. Warhammer seems to be kept up very well. Warmachine is seriously hurting for an update.

I've never found a free roster program out there.

BurTan and Brandon tend to make theirs in a spreadsheet. If you ask nicely, BurTan might send you his template.
Back to top Go down
Z-Job

Z-Job

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer (fantasy)   Warhammer (fantasy) EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 12:53 am

So, i just spent the last hour looking for MY warhammer stuff, no idea where it is. BUT, i did start going through stuff I was given and have more orcs and gobs than i thought. Still have a shit load of woodelves and random crap to go through.
Back to top Go down
GodEmperorofHumanity

GodEmperorofHumanity

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer (fantasy)   Warhammer (fantasy) EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 3:56 am

Good Lord Zack, your room really is the hobby graveyard.

Also, I don't know what happened to my excel spreadsheet for making army rosters; hence the reason I ended up waiting until I got to Logans to make an army with Army Builder.
Back to top Go down
Z-Job

Z-Job

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer (fantasy)   Warhammer (fantasy) EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 7:13 am

Zack's Warhammer Discovery Journal: Entry 2

Apparently I do not have nearly as many wood elves as I had assume, however; I do have a bunch of the old "Dogs of War" which is interesting i guess. Still can't find my shit. Have my orcs & gobs inventoried, and will be seeing if Brandon wants any of it. Also, have some empire stuff, including some eagles and an old school steam(tonk?) if you're interested Burtumous.
Back to top Go down
Harbinger
Lord of All
Harbinger

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer (fantasy)   Warhammer (fantasy) EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 10:41 am

I heard from somewhere on a different part of the forum that there is a Chaos army in the works. Razz
Back to top Go down
https://harbinger.darkbb.com
GodEmperorofHumanity

GodEmperorofHumanity

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer (fantasy)   Warhammer (fantasy) EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 4:26 am

We have been hearing the same rumor for many months now, yet no such army has ever materialized. I have begun to think of it as myth.

And I would most definitely be interested in Empire stuff Zack.
Back to top Go down
Z-Job

Z-Job

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer (fantasy)   Warhammer (fantasy) EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 3:06 pm

So, still can't find EITHER of my armies... I do not recollect even contemplating selling them. It is driving me nuts.

Anyway, in the event that i cannot locate them, I think i will still try to assemble some Skaven, but also like the idea of the Ogre Kingdoms. Anyone played against these or have any thoughts on them?
Back to top Go down
Shoop83

Shoop83

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer (fantasy)   Warhammer (fantasy) EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 8:41 pm

Ogre Kingdoms hits hard. They hit very hard. Easy to build an army because you only need like 3 models. Wink I don't believe they are very finesse, relying more on steamrolling than out maneuvering.

No real idea about the skaven. Andrew should be able to give you much better intelligence.
Back to top Go down
GodEmperorofHumanity

GodEmperorofHumanity

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer (fantasy)   Warhammer (fantasy) EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 3:10 am

Those are probably all the reasons I was thinking about getting them as a secondary army, lol.

Supposedly I once had an Ogre Kingdoms army for an ally in a 2v2 against Logan and Andy when we were playing in Kalispell. I say supposedly because 2/3 of the army stood up second turn and walked off the table.

The remaining part of the army did make a pretty good showing of themselves. They kill Elves real good.

One of the big strengths of the Ogre Kingdom is that each dude gets to do impact hits like a chariot when they charge, though this advantage has been reduced since they changed charging to your movement + 2d6 instead of the previous way which was double your movement. It used to be that Ogres always got the charge unless they were going up against cavalry because they have a movement of 6.
Back to top Go down
Z-Job

Z-Job

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer (fantasy)   Warhammer (fantasy) EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 9:22 am

So, i think i'm going to place a decent sized order with warstore, ill probably place it later this afternoon. So, if anyone wants me to add any pieces on, let me know.
Back to top Go down
Z-Job

Z-Job

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer (fantasy)   Warhammer (fantasy) EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 1:29 pm

So there is a large lot of older skaven figures selling today on e-bay. Would i run into problems using old figures (out of print) or are they pretty interchangeable. I know i woudl have to put some of the old war machines on bases, but other than that.
Back to top Go down
Shoop83

Shoop83

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer (fantasy)   Warhammer (fantasy) EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 11:15 am

Oh heck no there's not a problem using old models. That's one very nice thing about Warhammer, the models never need to be updated, just the rulebooks.
Back to top Go down
Harbinger
Lord of All
Harbinger

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer (fantasy)   Warhammer (fantasy) EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 11:39 am

Yeah, the rulebooks do. Friggin' Chaos Warriors book? I just got the last one like a year and a half ago. Warhammer is like buying a computer. Razz
Back to top Go down
https://harbinger.darkbb.com
GodEmperorofHumanity

GodEmperorofHumanity

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer (fantasy)   Warhammer (fantasy) EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 10:02 pm

Kind of. I do have to admit that this new edition changes the game substantially. Combat is faster paced and more brutal. The game moves much more quickly as well.
Back to top Go down
Z-Job

Z-Job

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer (fantasy)   Warhammer (fantasy) EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 11:23 am

So, i've begun ordering my Skaven and hope to have them here by the 18th ish. There is a 2k pt tourney on Sunday the 20th at Muse. Not sure if ill be ready to go then, but throwing it out there if anyone is interested.
Back to top Go down
Shoop83

Shoop83

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer (fantasy)   Warhammer (fantasy) EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 2:38 pm

oooohhhh... tourney. Nice. Pretty sure I'll have to enter that.

W.Y.S.I.W.Y.G. though... that makes it interesting... Wonder how strict they are on that.
Back to top Go down
Z-Job

Z-Job

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer (fantasy)   Warhammer (fantasy) EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 12:26 am

I'm assuming that WYSIWYG is What You See Is What You Get, does that mean that you have to use the actual figures for anything on your army list?
Back to top Go down
Z-Job

Z-Job

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer (fantasy)   Warhammer (fantasy) EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 12:52 pm

So, do you guys actually get Citadel paints for your pieces or is there acceptable/cheaper options that still look good.
Back to top Go down
GodEmperorofHumanity

GodEmperorofHumanity

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer (fantasy)   Warhammer (fantasy) EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 1:57 pm

Citadel paints are probably the best as far as color goes, but Michaels has paints specifically for plastics that are of equal quality. The colors just aren't quite the right shade to match the stuff you see in the books.
Back to top Go down
Z-Job

Z-Job

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer (fantasy)   Warhammer (fantasy) EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 12:19 am

The initial members of our local Under Empire have begun assembling. All shall soon tremble beneath (or above) their paws.
Back to top Go down
GodEmperorofHumanity

GodEmperorofHumanity

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer (fantasy)   Warhammer (fantasy) EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 3:44 am

The Realm of Man do not fear Rats! We shall skewer you on our lances.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer (fantasy)   Warhammer (fantasy) Empty

Back to top Go down

Warhammer (fantasy)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Harbinger :: Gaming :: Tabletop-
Jump to: